I know we right smack in the middle of summer but now is the time that all of the summer sales start, you can pick up some of those great pieces your were coveting over for half the price. All of the boutiques and large stores are clearing out and making room for the fall clothing coming in.
There are a million sales on line and in the stores, so get out there and take advantage of it!
Summer is here, which means we have dumped our pants for cute and sexy summer maxi dresses. Maxis are one of the best type of summer dresses. They’re super comfortable, they look good no matter what size or shape you are. Tall and a bit lanky? Perfect—a print well look great on you. Vertically challenged? That’s cool too—go for one colour and you’re good to go. Plus-size? Maxis will look amazing on you. Not sure about your figure? Don’t worry, there is a maxi dress for everyone.
This dress by Hardtail is beach ready. It is cotton on the top and silk on the bottom.
I love the key hole in the back. Adds a bit of interest.
My maxi dress is by Hardtail. Find it here.
Shoes: Anine Bing. Find them here.
After I clean out a female client’s wardrobe, the first question I hear is ” can you help my husband/boyfriend/”? The answer is yes. I had a few emails this week so I thought I would give you some direction for your men or guy friends that need a little mid-summer lift. Here is a list of what is hot for men this summer, check it out and see what works for your guy.
I love the bright hues that are all washed-out and faded. It’s the low-key way to get more colour. Colour is in for the guys, grab them a pair of blue, green, pink or purple. My very favourite brand is Original Paperbacks in the St. Barts Style. Find them here.
Plaid makes the cut for this summer 2014. I personally like plaid shorts a bit more muted. This reversible pair from Taylor Vintage is awesome. Two looks in one short, really you can’t go wrong with these. Take a look at all of their styles here. Another little tip…if you “Like ” them on Facebook you get free shipping.
Slim Fitting Jean Shorts
Buy them slim, buy them pre-distressed, and never, ever call them “jorts.” The look is slim and about an inch above the knee. These are one of my favourite pairs by Diesel Denim, called the Thavar Slim Fit. Find them here. I also like a pair by Pepe, find them here, and this pair from ASOS click here to check them out.
These are men’s LBD of the summer. They come in a million styles and variations of Khaki. I like these ones from Zanerobe, they are stretchy and add a bit of edge to the usual Khaki shorts. Find them here. I also like these ones from Topman and these from Fox.
Remember it is most important to find shorts that suit your man’s body type, but for a general rule of thumb try to aim for flat front shorts that are a slimmer fit and keep them above the knee. Sloppy oversized cargo shorts are really passé, keep those for around the house.
The Tulle Skirt. First made fashionably famous by Sarah Jessica Parker and now most recently by the hottest trend setters and style bloggers. I love this one by The Girl that Loves.
Length is important with a full skirt like the tulle skirt. Make sure if you are on the shorter side you get a skirt that is just below the knee, it makes it very versatile, easy to wear and flirty.
I like to balance out a longer full skirt or ” midi” skirt with a crop top, it adds just the right amount of balance.
A pop of colour on the top adds to the appeal.
I love my Valentino Rockstuds. The perfect amount of femininity and edge.
Crop Top: Girl That Loves
Tulle Skirt from The Girl That Loves find it here.
Clutch: Chanel find it here
Shoes: Valentino find them here.
The best things about summer fashion is cute summer dresses. We all love frocks. Well, firstly, they take all of 10 seconds to throw on, and to be totally honest it just feels so good when the wind blows around our legs on a hot sticky day.This year, there’s a lot to look forward to: the summer dresses of 2014 will be full of bright colours, bold prints and flattering silhouettes. If you don’t like the new shapes of the summer season, there’s always the good ol’ maxi dress, a tried and true classic.
So, to help you clear our your wardrobe to make room for cute, warm-weather outfits, I trolled the Internet for my favourite summer dresses. Feature dress is from Stillwater The Brand. Get it here.
1) The Flared Dress: This dress is a really cute and fun day dress. A great option if you have a bit of a thicker thigh as the A-line will make your legs appear smaller at the top. Alway a good thing. A good tip to remember if you have a short flared dress, keep the top high. You can show legs or a bit of chest but not both or you risk loosing your class appeal. Find this dress here. Some other great options here, here and here.
2) The Maxi Dress – The tried and true summer dress. The Maxi is multi-purpose, great for a beach day, throw it on for shopping or heading out in the evening. Add a Jean jacket if it gets cool and a pair of great gladiators and you are good to go anywhere in style. This is one of my favourites by Anine Bing, find it here. Some of my other favourites here, here and here.
3) The Tank Dress – Easy, casual fun and a bit edgy. Throw on a tank dress any wear. This dress does well doubling as a beach coverup, paired with flip flops or add a cool pair of shoes for an eving of dinner on the deck at a restaurant patio. Find this one on sale here. Other Tank Dresses here and here.
4) The Flower Print Dress – One of my new favourites. I just bought the cutest Splendid flower dress. Easy breezy and screams summertime. I love this one, find it here. Other Favourites here, and here.
5) The Classic White Shirt Dress – I am not going to lie, I have a few of these in my closet. I pull them out for day or night time events that require a casual but more classic look. It’s a bit more of and east coast flair than I usually sport but I like it. I add a pair or edgier sandals or cute pair of ankle boots to break the preppy nature of the ensemble. This is on of my favourites that I have in my closet, you can find it here. Others here and here.
I hope you enjoyed all of my favourite dresses! Happy Shopping!