Check out some of my favourite fashion and lifestyle sites this long weekend!
For all the latest on Celeb inspired fashion!
One of my favourite bloggers to follow both on the web and on instagram!
An elegant take on a fashion and lifestyle blog.
A West coast fashion girl living on the East Coast!
Sometimes when celebrities create their own blogs, it becomes a mess… This turned out wonderfully.
Carey Mulligan is one of my favourite celebrities to style stalk these days. She can wear anything that you would see on a runway and think it would be a nightmare to style or hard to picture in your everyday style, and make it seem as though she threw it on with little thought. Designers love to work with her, stylists love to style her, and people are loving to style stalk her. Highlighted here is a collection of my favourite photos of her everyday looks and red carpet attire. Every piece she’s wearing makes me obsess over immediately. Who is your favourite celeb to style stalk?
I get inspiration from all around me and today my inspiration was my assistant Kristin. Well this time is was less of an inspiration and more of a “you should do this”. An expose on my purse.
Anyway with out much ado here is what is in my purse:
Disclaimer #1 I have been traveling quite a bit for work so I have the stuff that you need for a long day stuffed in there.
Disclaimer #2 I dropped my i-phone in the toilet for the second time on set last week (this is a troubling pattern) so its hurting and so are the quality of my pictures…but they are good enough that you get the idea. I will get another phone when I get time…next week.
1) Laura Mercier Matte Setting Powder – I don’t like to wear a lot of make up…it makes me feel slimy but I love this powder its super light and stops shine…great for getting of the plane or car and running right into a meeting.
2) Ojon Full Detox Rub-Out Dry Cleansing Shampoo – My New Favourite thing. It smells like mint I use it and I feel like I just had a shower and it doesn’t come out white…and thats a really good thing when you have brown hair!
3) Pacifica Body Butter. My favorite smell is Hawaiian Ruby Guava although they are all great. A perfect travel size.
4) MOR Lip Macaron. These tins look absolutely fabulous, I feel kind of proud getting one out of my bag in public because it’s so pretty.
5) OPI Polish. I bought this whole OPI Ballet Collection at my friends Leah’s Spa. If you are ever in need of a retreat in Alberta this is the Spa to visit. The colour is “You Callin’ Me A Lyre?” It is a peachy pink. It has a little more color to it than your typical OPI Bubble Bath and perfectly on trend for summer.
6) Lavanila mini deodorant. This is the brand that I have used for years its natural and organic and smells really good.
7) Twizzlers I am an addict, I almost always have it in my purse or my car. My friend Zain will be very unhappy with me when she see this, she eats really well and I am sure has much more sustainable energy that I do. As a side note…Twizzlers has their own site, so interesting…who knew.
8) Nars Lip Lacquer in Chelsea Girls. My favorite colour.
9) Lipstick Pen that I got from School of Style. Every fashion girl needs on of these.
10) Onna Ehrlich purse. This is a great bag, I was heading to NYC in October and I wanted to have a big bag that had a cross body strap (for long shopping days) and I have used it non-stop ever since.“It is a conservative but fashionable bag,” says Kitson’s Dean Khial. “It’s for the aspirational customer who wants to have a hot bag but doesn’t want to spend $1,500 or $1,800 for a Louis Vuitton. I have a attached a few images of it below.
Hope you guys enjoyed this little expose,
I meant to sit down and write about Father’s Day for a least a week now, but it has been a bit of a work whirlwind. So here I am Sunday afternoon…writing. Its hard. I just sat down at the computer and I have written this post a few times. Where to start, what memories to share, there are so many good ones… but I see what my theme is now.
Something most of you don’t know is that I spent a good chunk of my childhood growing up in Gaborone, Botswana. So I have a great many memories that involve strange things from a far away place. One memory that stands out is the time my dad took me camping in the Kalahari Desert.
I will never forget that day. It wasn’t the desert that sprawled on forever, it wasn’t setting up a tent or being on an adventure, it was the moment a bushman came into my sight. At first he was a tiny dot on the horizon surrounded by a black cloud, as he got closer I could see that the cloud was flies. I remember the sheer volume of the flies spinning around him. He approached our campsite and held out an ostrich egg for water. I don’t really know what else transpired other than the flies and being mesmerized by the bow and arrows he carried on his otherwise naked body. I do remember not feeling any fear, because I was with my daddy. As cool as that story is, and the adventure that we had… my memory is my confidence in my dad. The confidence that he would take care of us, he would fight that bushman and win.
My dad was my hero. I believed in him. When I was with him: that ocean wave would never harm me, I could climb that tree higher, ride my bike faster. To me he was the fearless warrior. He knew everything. He gave me the self-esteem ( well part of it, my mom is pretty amazing too) that I have today. He took the time to be with me, show me things and created adventures in everyday life.
He believed in me as much as I believed in him. He gave me the best thing a father can give their children. Time.
Happy Fathers Day to my Fearless Warrior.
With Father’s Day fast approaching TOMORROW, I’m sure most of you have your shopping already done. In case not, and for some Saturday morning internet browsing, I thought I’d let you know my picks for some special gifts. I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow spending time with loved ones!
ESPN’s 30 by 30 – 30 years of sports on film available here
Money clip available here
I’m so happy that Saturdays NYC is available in Canada now, buy here
A bottle of nice scotch is always appreciated by every Dad. The smokey taste of the windswept island of Islay is always good. Ardbeg 10yr old Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky is a good choice.
And a DIY gift is sweet and inexpensive, here is a great one.